|OBJECTIVES OF THE UNITED BIRD SOCIETIES OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA INC.
1. The promotion of goodwill and communication between all Bird-keepers and Societies.
2. Provision of protection, wherever possible, to all Bird-keepers.
3. Provision of a forum for all South Australian bird organisations to express their views and to contribute to a united effort to ensure the betterment of aviculture.
4. Provisions of delegates to represent South Australia on a National Body.
5. Formulation of views, and courses of action, for conveyance to a National Body.
6. Dissemination of information from a National Body to affiliated organisations.
7. Provision of mediation and/or consultation on Federal, State and Local Government legislation.
8. To act as a watch-dog on proposed Federal, State and Local Government legislation.
9. Instigation of appropriate submissions for amendments, where necessary, to existing or proposed legislation.
10. Co-ordination of all available information for the benefit of affiliated organisations.
11. The gaining of acceptance as an authority on avicultural matters with Government Departments, other authorities, and all sections of the media.
12. To take an active interest in and to contribute to conservation matters considered to be relevant to the interests of The United Bird Societies of South Australia by The council or a Delegate’s Meeting.